Partners | FAQ | EN | FR

J-1 visa programs

Woman walking down stairs in office building

In order to be eligible to participate in CIEE’s Internship Program, you must :

  • Find an internship that is related to your field of studies. The internship must allow you to apply your knowledge and develop or perfect your professional skills.
    *If you haven’t already found your employer, we are happy to help you free of charge. Contact us !
  • Be a full-time student* in the UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy or Luxembourg . Online courses or distance learning are not accepted.


  • Be a recent graduate of less than 12 months from one of the above-listed countries. The date taken into account is the validation of your degree requirements, not the diploma issue date.
  • Be a national or foreign resident of one of the countries listed above
  • Be over 18
  • Have sufficient English language skills to function in a business setting
  • Be able to support yourself financially during the entire stay (minimum income of 1500 USD/month) or show equivalent financial guarantees (bank or family-related).

    You can also test your eligibility by using our sponsor’s tool.

* If you are no longer a student or if you graduated over a year ago, you are welcome to participate in our training program for professionals called « Professional Career Training » (PCT USA).