According to US State Department guidelines, « the selection will be limited to bona fide university students screened for maturity and ability to get maximum benefit from Summer Travel/Work Programs. » To be eligible for the Work & Travel USA program through Parenthese and CIEE, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Be a citizen or foreign resident of the UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland or Luxembourg
- Be registered as a full-time student or a recent spring or summer graduate at an accredited university or other state-recognized institution of post-secondary education. The degree/diploma course on which you are registered must be at least 2 years in duration. Students on post-graduate courses which are less than two years can also be accepted (e.g. masters courses). « Gap year » students or recent high school graduates are not eligible.
- Be able to function in an English-speaking work environment.
- Undergo an interview, conducted by a CIEE staff member or a partner organization agent either in person or by telephone.
- Find a pre-arranged job that pays at least the Federal minimum wage*. NB : you are required to arrive in the U.S. with a minimum of 800 USD to pay for your expenses while waiting for your first paycheck.
* If you haven’t already found your employer, we are happy to help you free of charge. Contact us !