- WORK & TRAVEL USA allows you to work anywhere in the US during your summer vacation for a maximum duration of 4 months. Depending in which country you are studying, the WORK & TRAVEL USA program dates are:- United Kingdom: from June 1st to September 30th
– France: from June 1st to September 30th
– Belgium: from June 30th to September 15th
– Switzerland: from May 31st to September 16th
– Luxembourg: from July 9th to September 9th
- You can arrive in the United States up to 5 days prior to the beginning of your employment. You are also allowed to extend your stay as a tourist for 30 additional days after your last day of employment (your DS-2019 end date). You can not work during this period and you must purchase this travel period before you begin your WAT program. If you do not purchase this travel period, you will not be covered by insurance following your DS end date. it is against program regulations to be in the country without health insurance!
If you travel out of the U.S. during this period you will not be able to re-enter, so please use this period for domestic travel only.
The duration of your stay in the US can therefore go beyond your DS dates in the limit of 35 days total (pre and post training).
Please note that your insurance dates must cover your entire stay including your eventual travel dates.